General Business Dining Rules

Punctuality

• No one likes to be kept waiting so you should always arrive on time. If there was any type of delay (traffic, construction, or if alarm didn’t go off, etc.) you should always contact the person (or people) your meeting and let them know before hand, whether it’s 10 minutes or even an hour. Keep in mind that you should always have extra time before going to the interview, meeting, or anything in particular. If it takes 30 minutes to reach the restaurant, give yourself at least extra 15 minutes. You don’t know what you’ll encounter that day.

Greetings and Introductions

• When you’re meeting someone and you’re sitting down, out of respect you should greet them first by stand up, smiling, and while shaking their hand, repeat their name. (Don’t forget a good handshake is a firm handshake)
  • If you’re the one inviting someone (whether it’s a client, or future coworker) to a fancy dinner make sure to introduce yourself and the others that are with you. Make sure to explain who you and the others are, and use their full names. They might not want to be called by their first name.

Ordering

• When ordering don’t take a long time to order because others might be waiting. Make sure to order simply and ignore hard to eat and messy foods like spaghetti, and ribs. You’ll look very unattractive and unprofessional.

Finishing

• When you’re finished with your course, leave your plates the same way it was positioned in the beginning. So don’t stack or push them away. As for your utensils, place them upwards. (Look at your plate like a clock, place your knife and fork position up, right next to each other on 4 and 5.)

Paying the bill

• Don’t argue over who is paying for the bill. If someone invited you, therefore they are treating you. However, don’t just sit there and have them take out their card or money to pay for your course, it’s still nice to offer to pay for the bill. If they decline, then just simply thank them. Also, remember to tip your waiter appropriately: 18%-20% for moderate service and excellent service. The same goes for you, if you’re the host. If a guest offers to pay, kindly decline because you’re the one who invited the guest.

11 Responses to General Business Dining Rules

1. Such great! & informative article amazing post and great content. Thanks for sharing this article.Thanks Again!!

2. Very good blog post about plastering a one bed flat. I am very happy to see this post and interested to find another good post in the coming days. Thanks

3. This article is really very interesting and effective.

4. Mike Rooney

Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I’m happy I found this blog.
    The Punisher Vest

5. Some amazing tips regarding dining. Thanks!

6. Mike Rooney

Pretty cool post. It’s really very nice and useful post. Keep it up!!Snoop Dogg Super Bowl Halftime Tracksuit

7. This is amazing thanks for sharing this blog I have become a fan of your blogs now. This blog is so interesting and informative.

8. Mike Rooney

I am so happy to come across this piece of write up, very much advanced my understanding to the next top level. Great job and continue to do sameOscar Isaac Trench Coat Moon Knight

9. AltBalaji Mod Apk is basically an Indian subscription-based video-on-demand platform that allows you to watch movies, TV shows, and other shows without interruptions. You can choose the language in which you want to watch the content, and the quality will be perfect. With its many languages, the app is also available in multiple languages. After you’ve downloaded the app, you can watch it whenever you want and it has other amazing features as well which we will explore in this article.

10. Jhon Micheal

Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!.Jacket Top Gun Maverick 2 MA-1

11. Jhon Micheal

I constantly read the smaller articles as well as clarify their motives, and that also happens with this article!Top Gun Pilot Charlie Jacket