While eating at a restaurant with friends, co-workers, or families there are some basic table manners that should never be ignored. Here are some Do’s and Don’ts you can follow:
TABLE MANNER DO’S
- Talk about pleasant things. Do not talk about what your bathroom experience was like this morning or the unpleasant odor you encounter while you were coming to the restaurant
- Place your napkin on your lap. As soon as you’re seated you should unfold the napkin and place it on your lap. The napkin remains on your lap during the entire meal. If you was to get up for whatever reason, place the napkin on the chair.
- Sit properly and straight in your chair.
- Wait until everyone has their food before you start eating
- If you’re unsure about how to eat something, ask. Or simply don’t order that dish.
- When someone asks for salt, you always pass it along with the pepper. They travel in pairs.
- Chew with your mouth closed so you don’t look like a cow.
- Use knife and fork to cut your meat. Do not try to eat it like you’re eating KFC with your hands.
- Say Excuse me or apologize if you burp. Though you should not fear burping it is best to avoid it.
- Always be polite and thank your server.
- When you have to leave the table say May I please be excused
TABLE MANNER DON’T
- Don’t talk about things that’ll make somebody lose their appetite.
- Don’t gobble your food
- Don’t talk with your mouth full. When you do you may spray it all over the table.
- Don’t play with your smartphones while at the table
- Don’t tip your chair or lean on the table
- Don’t eat or lick your fingers.
- Don’t push your plate away when you’re finish
- Don’t place your napkin on the plate when you’re finish
- Don’t snap your fingers to get the servers attention.
- Don’t pick your teeth with your fingers
- Don’t forget to push the chair in when you get up
- Don’t forget to compliment the dish or the server.