Research Projects

Research Projects

On my first semester at the Dental Hygiene program, I wrote a research paper for my anatomy class title “Dental Care and Underage Population.” The paper was on how a big percentage of the US population, do not have access to dental care.

As a health care professionals, my main goal is to serve the public. I want to provide service to people that really need it. A lot of kids in America are suffering from Early Childhood Caries (ECC) because the do not have the opportunity to receive dental service, due to their economic status.

It is sad to know that instead of helping people in need, some healthcare professionals, take advantage of this communities.

Attach is a copy of my paper, if we work together we can help people, regardless of their economic status. Dental Care and Underage Populations

On my second semester at the Dental Hygiene program, two classmates and I did a research project “Oral Piercing a Fashion Statement with Hidden Dangers”. The research was on how oral piercing can affect the oral cavity.

We decided this topics because no many people know the consequences of oral piercing. Lack of awareness is a big problem in the population, especially amount young people and  we wanted to address that. As dental hygienist our job is to educate patients, and make sure to properly checkup the area of the piercing.

Some of the dangers associated with oral piercing are gingival recession, abfraction, gingival inflammation, periodontal/periapical accesses and diastema.

Click the link below, to see the research project!