Reflection

I have always been quite anxious about joining a collaborative creative environment, however, as we are coming close to the end of this class I can say I have gained more confidence. To be able to take a task and execute it in a time frame in a non-school environment feels a lot more different than doing an assignment for class. I also gained confidence because for each project I had a different approach for which programs I used. For some projects, I used only Photoshop and for others, I would use a combination of Illustrator and Indesign. By the end of the internship, I started to gain a sense of workflow and was able to execute my ideas in a more timely manner. I stopped second-guessing my designs and just enjoyed the process of designing.

This internship was also one of the first times in my life where I had to value myself as an artist. I had to speak to a client, set a reasonable time frame, and set the conditions required for me to complete the project. When the conditions were not met, I respectfully declined and the client completely understood. I believe this was only the beginning of a real-world skill necessary to be a designer.

Photo by Julia M Cameron: https://www.pexels.com/photo/top-view-photo-of-boy-drawing-on-white-paper-4144097/