Finding an Internship

For week 1, everything I had planned to prepare for this internship class fell into shambles. The internship I had lined up ran out of space and I was on a waiting list just when this class started. I asked for help from the professor and she was able to get me an internship with a civic and social organization. They seek to build economic stability and sustainable communities. For my first week, I sent paperwork for them to fill out, and then I was told to sign up on a website called web.rock.so where they utilize messages between team members. I was invited to a server and spoke with the head of the department. He interviewed me and asked me to write a short response answering How would I be able to make a change in the community? After answering that, I was contacted by the director of the communications and marketing department. He welcomed me to the organization and said that he would have something for me to do in the next few days.

Photo by cottonbro: https://www.pexels.com/photo/photo-of-man-doing-an-inspection-7319087/