My First Task…

My first task as an intern with the organization was to design an article for May. The title of the article was called “Messages in Movies by Morgan Taylor”. I was given this task on June 9th and it was due on June 17th. I was told that the design had to be done in an A4 size and the final design must be submitted as a PNG image. I was also given the files for the logo and the color palette. I got started on the project right away. My first draft of the article design was a terrible go at it. I felt like I was overcomplicating the design and was rather unsure of the first draft I created. I had designed the entire article to fit into text message bubbles, but it did not look very appealing. I listened to the designer’s voice deep down inside me and started from scratch, trusting the process. So instead of playing with the word messages in my design, I decided to play around with the movie concept in the title. I went into Adobe illustrator and I started designing a simple strop of film that would act as a design for the title. Once I completed that, I placed that image into Adobe InDesign and began redesigning the article. Lastly, I added a drop shadow and removed any widows, and limited the hyphenations to make the text look nicer and more legible.