NO class tomorrow! & other info :)

Esteemed Students:

DON’T FORGET! Tomorrow (Tues. Feb. 9) we will NOT meet on Zoom.  Your individual meetings with me count as your attendance for that “class”!  Also, I will not hold my regular office hours tomorrow (11:15am-12:30pm).  I WILL meet with several of you tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon, as scheduled, plus I still have some slots available tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon, and Thursday afternoon (Feb. 11).  If you’d like to meet then, send me an email with times that work for you.  All meetings are at the regular class Zoom link.  Just fyi, I cannot meet this Wednesday Feb. 10, or Friday or Monday (Feb. 12 & 15)–they are holidays (Lincoln’s Birthday and Presidents’ Day) so the college is closed, no classes at all.  Enjoy your days off!

This Thursday, Feb. 11, we WILL meet for class on Zoom at our regular time (10-11:15am).  We’ll discuss EXCITING NEWS!!  Next Thurs. Feb. 18, I hope you’ll join me for a walking tour of the courts near City Tech!  This trip is optional, and you’ll have a remote option if you choose not to attend.  We’ll discuss details in Thursday’s class.

Earn “honors” credit for this and other courses!!  Details are under the “Events & info!” tab.  If you’re interested, please let me know by next Thursday, Feb. 18.

Earn extra points on the midterm exam!  Read a legal news article and post a summary and response here on OpenLab.  Here are instructions. I’ve posted quite a few options under the “Articles” tab, and you are welcome to write about an article you find on your own.  We might discuss your post in class!

Enjoy the rest of your day, see you in our individual meeting, and in class Thursday at 10am!

Cheers,

Prof. C.