Ruth Bader Ginsberg

We did not simply lose an Icon with the passing of Ruth Bader Ginsberg, we lost a star that burnt out too soon in time when light is needed most. I believe that these words accurately portray what she meant to Women, Progressives and the U.S. Legal system. As emotional as that sounds, it is my opinion that the current political landscape is hell on earth with Ginsberg having been one of the few representatives moderates such as myself can latch on to. I find it ironic that i write this today, on the day of her replacements (Amy Barrets) hearing who many believe to signify a roll back in women’s equality. In “Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Supreme Court’s Feminist Icon, Is Dead at 87”  By Linda Greenhouse, and published by the New York Times. Linda writes a reflection of Ginsberg’s life and the impact she has had on our legal system. The cases she had won for women’s rights would unthinkable if they had happened fifty or more years ago. She made it her mission to carry the burden of gender equality in a heavily male favored system on her back which is nothing short of saintly. Truly an outstanding woman and one i hope inspired others to try and take up her mantle.

1 thought on “Ruth Bader Ginsberg

1. Thanks Theodore! I agree, the “replacement” of Justice Ginsburg with Judge Barrett (now sworn in) could result in significant effects for all Americans. I also hope those inspired by Justice Ginsburg’s work carry on her legacy.