Retainer agreements! Read & reply by Wed. 10am

Esteemed Students,

Please read the two retainer agreements linked below and reply to this post by addressing one of them–something interesting about it, or a question you have, or some other response, or note a comparison between the two.  Due 10am Wednesday, Oct. 7!

Prof. C.

27 thoughts on “Retainer agreements! Read & reply by Wed. 10am

1. I liked the way Spellman formed his retainer agreement. I felt like it was neat and everything was clear. It was also clear about the payments as well as what would happen if the client canceled.

2. Something that i find intresting is how the information needed is well explained in the Spellman’s retainer where it explain’s the rights of the client and firm compared to the Sanders retainer that explain’s the “what ifs” of the client.

3. I’m addressing the Spellman retainer agreement I liked how it was organized every topic was easy to identify for whoever was reading the agreement. The wording was also easy to read and comprehend so the client won’t have doubts later on. I think the agreement touch everything that seemed crucial for the client to know everything seemed to be there. I’m still confused though on arbitration and retention of experts.

4. I like and prefer the Spellman retainer agreement more than the sanders retainer agreement. Spellman’s agreement is formatted better for those who may not be legal savvy and allows you to find sections of the agreement with ease. Sanders agreement is more overwhelming at first glance and the lack of eye grabbing characters make it a bit more of a chore to find different sections of the agreement.

5. In the Spellman Retainer Agreement, it wasn’t too long where someone would skip over it entirely to sign, but it got straight to the point and stated the services.

6. Something that I found interesting in reading Sanders retainer agreement is how there are options to suit what you are willing to agree to. I feel like it’d be one sided if things should happen one way, but if there is room for more options, then it’s like a two way street.

7. After reading both statements, I got to know that how its a person’s responsibility to be are of what firm and Attorney he/she chose and how they have to pay all the expenses including Attorney’s fee and other things like mailing emails, copying of some legal works. I like one thing that how they both have common that if someone wants to withdraw their case and how they are fully responsible for the payments and bills that would made during their case, they freely can but Spellman gives the money back whereas spenders don’t I guess.

8. In the Sanders retainer agreement, one thing I found interesting is that the Attorney has power to settle a claim if the client is missing and take their portion of proceeds their entitled to.Prior to this reading I thought the case would have to be postponed or dismissed if an attorney can not get in contact with their client.

9. In Both agreements they had similarities when it came to fees, meaning that they expected for clients to pay them back, and they expected clients to also pay when they withdraw. One thing that I liked about Spellman is that you can easily see the separation and organization of the agreement while with Sanders you can not really see the separation as much as you can see it with Spellman. One thing that I found interesting is that in Spellman they basically say if you do not pick up documents as soon as possible they basically destroy it without them even telling the clients.

10. Both articles are very intriguing but the Spellman text seemed more helpful and easier to read. One thing I learned from the Spellman article is that you have to pay all your fees, you are responsible for direct payment. You also have the right to cancel the agreement at any given time.

11. In both Spellman and Sanders retainer argument are interesting. Although in Spellman’s argument I found it more interesting because it’s well organized and thoroughly explained for every topic written. Which answers any question or concerns I had.

12. Well, for me, Spellman’s agreement is more clear and constructed in a way it can he understand clearly as well. Compared to Sanders, which is all crammed together in a way it can easily be used to deceive people.