RBG

Although this might sound insane for a person and woman who is majoring in law and paralegal studies, I have never been aware of Ruth Ginsberg’s existence. She was the 2nd women appointed to be an associate justice of the Supreme Court.To find out that a lot of things in my life I wouldn’t have been able to reap the benefits of , if it was not for her fighting for many of women equality is mind blowing ; but I am glad to have learned about her and her countless efforts to give women and men equality.

Ruth Ginsberg was a fighter ! She fought for what she believed in. Some of those things she fought for was : Woman to be able to be admitted into state funded schools, the right for women to serve on juries, for woman to be able to have bank accounts and sign mortgages without needing a male co-signer, women equal pay, pregnant women in a workplace, and she played a part in abortions and so much more.

Not only did Ruth Ginsberg fight for women equality, she fought for men equality as well, especially when it came to childcare. She wanted both men and women to be able to play the same roles, which I one hundred percent agree with. We are both people and no one should get more or less treatment in any predicament.

I believe she was a hero and I aspire her. Rest in Peace Notorious RBG.

1 thought on “RBG

1. Sherona, it’s not insane at all! RBG was big news to us “legal nerds” (of which you are now one 🙂 ) but not necessarily to others. I’m glad you’ve gotten to know her! I share your admiration. Thanks for noting her efforts for men’s parental equality too. Great job.