This course is an introduction to illustration and includes projects and lectures in product, storyboard, book cover, poster and political imagery. Pencil, pen and ink, brush and paint and collage are some of the materials used in this course.
For the successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate the use of illustration to create a product’s identity. Describing the basic principles editorial illustration.
- Describe a characters and concept art for an original interpretation of an existing story.
- Students will demonstrate the use of illustration as a form of product description.
- The students will demonstrate the use of illustration as a form of editorial.
- The student will demonstrate the use of illustration to depict original characters and setting.
- Describe an original interpretation of an existing story through the creation of an
The following syllabus presents the college approved course requirements, learning outcomes, suggested weekly course outline, etc. Your students should meet the defined learning outcomes and COMD Standards, but please adapt the weekly outline, project guidelines, and grading scheme, as needed.
- COMD 3313 Syllabus (google drive)
If available, a cloneable model course contains learning outcomes, suggested weekly topics and projects, video resources, quizzes, and more.
Title: Assistant Professor Communication Design
This course uses the following coordination site:
Please review the Best Practices. These standards apply to all courses, whether web-enhanced, hybrid, or fully online, and may be used to inform peer evaluation of teaching.
This course utilizes the following Open Educational Resources (OER), zero cost resources, and/or required textbook :
Please review and share the following resources with your BFA students.
- COMD Student Advisement
- Grace Gallery – BFA Show Submissions
- COMD Student Clubs
- Ink Club
- Art & Design Club
- Moving Pixels club
- OpenLab Help
- Blackboard Support
- Tutoring Schedule
- Atrium Learning Center
- City Tech Library
- Student Counseling Center
- Center for Student Accessibility
- Financial Aid Office
- Academic Advising
- Student Life & Development
Print this page