We will be starting our first multi-week assignment: Illustrator Icons. This assignment will be due September 19 at the beginning of class.
Project 2: Icons
Using Illustrator, you will create a set of three icons. Here is a slide show I will use to go over the assignment.
- Pick three things: one animal, one vegetable, one tech object
- Draw the items and reduce them down to essential elements
- Scan your drawing into the computer
- Recreate your drawing with Illustrator
- You will not use any typography for this assignment
Here are some examples of simple icons that you can use for inspiration:
Homework for next week:
Have your three objects chosen and drawn in your sketchbook. We will be critiquing these drawings. You will then improve the drawings and scan them into the computer during class.