My Progress

I wrote the following as part of an essay entitled My City Tech Expereince for the 2013 NYCCT Alumni Award:

“I graduated in 2005 with my first degree.  I was laid off from my dental assistant job in 2010.  Its 2013, and I find myself in school for the second time around, and at an older age.  I thought that having a previous degree would help with the dental hygiene program, but there are other factors beside the difficulty of the material, that make the program such a challenge.  The work load and the stress that comes with it has been an unexpected challenge.  Being unemployed and paying for school without any assistance contributes to the stress.  And living at home when you are the point in your life when you should be living on your own, definitely adds to the challenge.  There are days when the stress at home seems to overpower the stress from school.  However, this provides the motivation needed to complete the program, and emerge successful with my life.”

It was a long journey, and along the way I had the pleasure of working with some outstanding professors and fellow students.  I experienced many new challenges, but completed all of them to the best of my ability.  The community activities were very rewarding and added another level to my schooling.   This education has prepared me to administer the best patient care possible, and with all the knowledge and experienced gathered, I feel confident to be a Registered Dental Hygienist.  The most rewarding part is seeing my patients implementing what I taught, seeing the healing, and seeing my patients bright smiles!!

My Journey:

My Colleagues and I.

us

Table Clinic Presentation.

tableclinic

At Greater NY Dental Convention, treating the kids.

uss

Treating the kids at NYCCT Dental Hygiene Clinic.

kidssmile

Treating my pedo patient.

kidsmile

Dean’s List certificate.

honors

Getting Nitrous Oxide certified.

get-attachment.aspx

His bright smile.

smile

This sums it all up.

4

index2