Attendance is taken and is important to success in this class. Both absences and arrival more than 15 minutes after the start of class will be marked. If excessive, the instructor will alert the student that he or she may be in danger of not meeting the course objectives and participation expectations, which could lead to a lower grade.
Academic Integrity Standard
Students and all others who work with information, ideas, texts, images, music, inventions, and other intellectual property owe their audience and sources accuracy and honesty in using, crediting, and citing sources. As a community of intellectual and professional workers, the College recognizes its responsibility for providing instruction in information literacy and academic integrity, offering models of good practice, and responding vigilantly and appropriately to infractions of academic integrity. Accordingly, academic dishonesty is prohibited in The City University of New York and at New York City College of Technology and is punishable by penalties, including failing grades, suspension, and expulsion.
3 Main projects and their presentations 60%
2 Quizzes 10%
Participation/Weekly Assignments/Journal 20%
- I reserve the right to change the syllabus or grading formula as needed, given the composition and progress of the class. I will notify you about these changes in writing on the website and orally in class as soon as I make them, giving you time to adjust your approach if. I may from time to time take pictures and video of our work in class to be used as samples or to illustrate points for future classes and to use on the course website.
- Late assignments will be penalized by a lower grade, so get your assignments in on time. .
- Any missed assignments will earn a zero grade.
- During class, phones should be in silent mode. Please refrain from using social media or texting during class. If you must take a call, please step outside the class so you don’t disturb or distract the rest of the class.
- Respect your fellow classmates as you want to be respected.
- When addressing emails to me, to insure that you get my attention, please write the subject line as follows: COMD1167 [Your Name]
- There are no make-up classes or for quizzes. If you are absent, try to get notes from a classmate or check the OpenLab website for material covered.
- Students have the option to revisit earlier projects and revise them based on original comments. If you feel you can improve your grade, this is you only opportunity to do so.
- If a student finds he will not be able to be present to hand in a project on the scheduled day, it is his/her responsibility to notify the instructor PRIOR to the due date and request alternate arrangements. Points will be deducted from your project grade for missed critiques and deadlines.
- You must use your City Tech email for all school business. If you don’t check your City Tech email regularly, you risk missing important information and deadlines.