About Me

Hellooooo, my name is Bryan Mendez and this will be my first semester at City Tech and I am looking forward to it. I am a transfer student from LaGuardia Community College and my major there was Fine Arts with a concentration on Design. I was looking forward to going to the school physically but as you know the pandemic halted that. Let me mention something that always reminds me to push forward in my academic career my parents are both from Ecuador so I am the first generation in my family to be born in America and go to college. I am neither the youngest nor am I the oldest in family but I am the first so I find pride in the fact that I will be the first in my family to graduate with a bachelors degree. My goal is eventually to become a graphic designer and work in that field or something similar to that. The reason I want to be a graphic designer is because as child I was always interested in the arts and growing up I was introduce to Saul Bass and Massimo Vignelli who were world renown graphic designer and Vincent Van Gogh an artist that came before his time.

I know I should be a bit serious but I want to tell you a bit about myself I am into pop culture, I like to watch anime, and I like playing video games those are thing I like to do but they are also the reasons I am into design and interested in graphic design these video games and anime’s have such unique art styles and design traits. One of the most intriguing genre of movies has to be horror or sci-fi. They are both satisfying to indulge in but yet so distance and other worldly. My favorite subject in school was and is US history and world history as I always found it fascinating learning about the pass tragedy’s, struggles, and the eventual freedoms that the human race is able to accomplish. One of my role models is Martin Luther King Jr. I found myself interested in Mr. King while I was still a child learning about his struggles and methods to conduct one self when in the face of adversity. Mr.King methods and struggles really resonated with myself as child and myself now. This is just a bit about myself and I am looking forward to graduating with a bachelors degree.