Welcome MAT 1475/D606 students!
Topics include functions, limits, differentiation, and tangent lines,
L’Hôpital’s Rule, Fundamental Theorem of Calculus and Applications.
1. Solve problems related to limits and continuity.
2. Find the derivative of functions using the definition, sum rule, product rule, quotient rule, and the chain rule.
- Use the derivative of a function to find an equation for the tangent line at a point.
- Use L’Hôpital’s Rule to evaluate limits.
- Sketch the graph of functions.
- Solve optimization problems.
- Solve related rates problems.
4. Evaluate definite and indefinite integrals of polynomials, trigonometric and exponential functions.