Louis Rosario Introduction

Hello everyone my name is Louis Rosario, first let me say that this is my very first blog so I am excited and apprehensive of what I am about to write and release to the general public. Although I use a computer extensively at work and home, emails, IM’s and text are as far as I have gone. I have not yet grasped the idea of the social media and the windows that they open to expose my life outside my immediate inner circle. I do not have Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn accounts. So throwing caution to the wind I proceed into this world of social media. After my enlistment in the military (U.S. Army, Staff Sergeant, Paratroop Infantry Battalion) based in North Carolina, I came back to New York and began a career in Real Estate management. I worked my way up from Porter to Senior Property Manager, managing 27 buildings consisting of 2300 apartment units in Manhattan. Later I moved on to work as a Project Manager for a construction company managing both large and small projects. Currently I work for Consolidated Edison (Con Ed) as a Project Manager, assigned to renovate over a million square feet of office space in the Corporate Headquarters. In my personal life I have two adult children both out of college and on their own; I have a great better half that works as an IT Manager for a Youth Development Center and also loves to watch Criminal Minds any time it’s on and she is at home. After my children graduated from college and the tuitions were paid, I decided to return to school and get my degree. I am currently in my last semester of completing my degree requirements. Once I graduate my better half and I are planning a trip to visit Paris and London. In the meantime, I decided to take a Science fiction course that has me blogging for the first time in my life. I have always been interested in science fiction from the time I read in grammar school “The Rhetoric of Yes”. I am looking to get a lot out of this course and hopefully along the way make some new friends that will introduce me to the world of Social Media.