My “utopia”

My “utopia”, my perfect place, my “dream world” would be something not too way over the top like flying spaceships, or robots bringing me drinks. It would be a very quiet, calm, and peaceful place where I can actually hear my thoughts, and individuals are all treated fairly, and everyone isn’t afraid of sharing their opinions about life or society without getting bad looks from others. I’m not saying I’d be living in a cube or anything like that. Of course the water would be always deep blue, the weather would be not too hot but occasionally cool, the skies would always have puffy clouds and bright blue skies, and the stars would shine the most brightest at night. My “utopia” would be a place where it would be safe to walk outside in the middle of the night without having to think about something dangerous happening to you. A place where you can go to a park and hang out for several hours without having to think about a hundred different things that run through your head constantly.

FallWithout going to in-depth into the story, but in Le Guin’s “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”, Le Guin describes this town of Omelas where the people there are having a good time, there’s a festival going on, music is blasting throughout the neighborhoods, children are having a great time, adults are relaxing and sightseeing. It sort of connects somewhat to what I envision my utopia to be. This perfect place where there’s no harm, the adults are relaxing, the children are playing amongst each other carefree, and music would be playing. In my “utopia”, money would be no issue because everyone wouldn’t have to worry about it. There would be no people living in poor conditions because everyone would be taken care of by something. Elderly people would live off their hard work after they retire, adults working don’t have to worry about a low paycheck because everyone would be paid a very decent amount of salary, and their children would be taken care of by the schools to make sure they get a great education.

What would it be like to roam around Time Square in peace & quiet?

My “utopia” is most likely a very different type of “utopia” then what I would probably read elsewhere, but I would rather have peace, a place where you can relax, be quiet, and hear your thoughts, then to think about how I would live in selfish type of manner. I think my “utopia” is this way because we live in a society today where things are very bad, the economy is down, people are getting laid off, children are being bullied through social media, and the most unimportant people in the world are getting the most attention in the news rather than the people who are out there changing the world for the better. My “utopia” would probably be a long shot from becoming reality, BUT if there’s ever a place like it, then expect me to be the first one to move out there.

21 thoughts on “My “utopia”

1. I too wish for a utopia as tranquil as yours . Tranquility and stress free is what i would idealy enjoy in such a materialistic world.I want everyone to be happy with what they have. awesome post