My Name Is..

Long Island City

Long Island City, Summer 2013

Iliane Soriano and I am from Ecuador. Yes, I was born there but I’ve been living in the U.S. since I was one. This is my third year at city tech and my current major is Liberal Arts/Sciences. My career goal is to finish here at city tech and then go on to medical school to become a doctor which has been my life long dream. One of my desires is definitely being able to manage my own practice one day. Two of my favorite hobbies are reading and going to the gym. I love doing both but sometimes there isn’t enough time when one is both working twenty four seven and going to school. My summer break was a blast I went to the Dominican Republic with a few friends. The only upsetting part about my trip was when I lost my sunglasses when riding the banana boat. This semester I plan to excel in school as well as at work. I hope to learn a lot from the classes I’m taking even the ones I’m only required to take. I also have a trip planned to Thailand for spring break. I am definitely super excited and looking forward to that!!

When I have the energy and I am able I believe I am a very strong reader. I do love to read. That doesn’t mean I love to read everything. I think my favorite genre of books would be non-fiction. I do like to read fiction as well but I find it harder to be interested in. As a writer I believe I’m an alright writer. I like to write essay’s it helps me clear my mind whenever I’m stumped about someting. I also like free-writing but not as much as I like having an outline and a specific topic to write about. I love technology it’s also one of my main interests. When it comes to all the new gadgets I probably know about them. I love reading about any kind of new technology that’s coming out and what it provides for the consumer. I’m also certified in computer repair. I studied computer repair in high school where I learned mostly about the hardware of a computer. As well as how to build one, which I think is very convenient. The only word that comes to mind when I think about Utopia is that its a perfect world. Once you get a perfect world in mind you think about that not being possible. Dystopias sounds like the total opposite of Utopia which makes me think of a bad universe, not perfect, and maybe even possible. I am taking this course because it is require for my degree but I’m also very intrigued to see what it’s all about. The reading that we’re going to do sounds interesting so hopefully it’s a good class. I hope i’ll be able to understand utopias and dystopias more in depth.