BHS walking trip

September 30th, my Speech and English class went on a walking trip instead of a normal class lecture. It was truly a unique and fun experience because it was so different from our normal classes. We started at City Tech’s library and made many stops before going to the Brooklyn Historical Society. Our first stop was the New York Post Office. We learned about the tragedy of the Brooklyn Theater. We walked to Brooklyn Height’s and we saw just how different a few streets can change the neighborhoods. We started off in a very urban area with big apartment buildings and courthouses everywhere we looked. Within a few streets, the streets were filled with suburban houses that were really amazing. We passed by a church that Henry Beecher was once a preacher at. We continued to walk around the area until we reached  Brooklyn Heights. I’ve never been to Brooklyn Heights and I was truly amazed when I got there. I saw one of the most beautiful sights ever across the water, Manhattan skyline. I’ve never seen the buildings in that perspective before and seeing it really made me realize how much of New York City I had been missing out on. After a while of walking in Brooklyn Heights, we circled around and made it to Brooklyn Historical Society. Brooklyn Historical Society is really a place of history. The library was one I’d never been in before. I had never been in a library where I had to take so many precautions when handling books, which shows just how important these documents were.  Brooklyn Historical Society was a lot of fun and I look forward to our next visit there.