Dumbo View

Dumbo covers 2 sections, one located between the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges, which connects Brooklyn to Manhattan across the East River and another that continues east from the Manhattan Bridge to the Vinegar Hil area. This  area has emerged as one of New York City’s premier arts districts, with a cluster of for-profit art galleries. There also was chocolate factory and ice cream factory opened as well and different cafe’s. These were the Brooklyn open public touring place where a lot of people will come and see these places and enjoy with their family and friends. The first public place in the neighborhood was Fulton Ferry, followed by Empire-Fulton Ferry State Park. Brooklyn Bridge Park it was launched in 2006.

I remember my first day going to the Dumbo place. It was almost 7 in the evening and my friend and I were really bored so decided to go and take a walk around their. We went their and I was shocked because it was just so beautiful and like the buildings and the street reminded me of the city. When we got to our main destination we saw the merry-go-around area and a park. A lot of people were their as well with their family and friends taking pictures and enjoying their family bonding time.

Back then the western portion of the neighborhood was known as Fulton landing that was back in the 1890’s. The cardboard box was invented in the Robert Gair building on Washington Street, which is now the home of the Etsy. The Dumbo historic district consists of properties bound by John Street to  the north, York Street to the south. Main Street to the west, and Bridge Street to the east. Dumbo, an acronym for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass is neighborhood in New York City borough of Brooklyn. Now recently this place has changed there are more open spaces. Like for example: the parks, the beaches, and one of the cites has mentioned that their are a lot shops, bookstores, wedding areas, banquet halls. and etc. In the past their was overgrown trees and rolling green lands. The specific interaction of the park were not looked upon carefully. Lots of magazine and reviewers were trying to have their way of selling the park as a a place for those looking around for something reclusive. In one of the magazine it was mentioned that this park is sort of like a getaway for professionals and families to come and enjoy this area. The Brooklyn Bridge Park had a few problems going on so they contacted Jane Walentas. She eagerly took the opportunity to donate money to the park so that it can be beautiful and be fixed in place. Now a carousel is their which is attracting all the tourists to the park. The kids are really enjoying the place. It’s a place to go especially during the summer time because of the nice breeze.

In one of the articles by New York Times, one of the residents said how their were deep wells along the side of the building. if people ever got in their they’re would’ve been no other way out. The holes has been covered and the edges are smooth now. Now train tracks are running in the old uneven streets in the Dumbo. Another person has said how its a beautiful place to live in. For example the environment, the people, the stores around the area, the scenery of the Brooklyn bridge itself.

Everyone has their own opinion about the Dumbo Park. Some don’t like it and some do like it. To gather up all the main details about the Dumbo place, there are good amount of restaurants, cafes and activity stores all connected together. The park itself is pretty big. When you enter the park you would see drastic changes. The interesting thing you will see is street cobblestones to beach cobblestones and rocks spanning the area with wooden park benches dotting the way. At the side you will see mini cute gardens,trees, and plant’s If you go a little deeper then you will see grass area where book lovers can lay down on grass and rest and enjoy the beautiful nature.

In conclusion Dumbo is a place when you can hang out with your family and friends. You can have mini picnics their, throw parties, go for a hang out. When you are really stressed you can just sit by the sea where the benches are and listen to what naure is calling out for you. When I went their and experienced the nature  myself, it was really calm and soothing. My mind was fresh and I was worry free for a good couple of hours.

Cited Work:

The New York Times: “How Noir Looks When It’s Published” Allison Gregor   August 27, 2013

Brooklyn Bridge Park:The Dumbo Park http://expertscolumn.hubpages.com/hub/Brooklyn-Bridge-Park

The Dumbo Brooklyn http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumbo,_Brooklyn