A walk in Brooklyn

Me and Film Director Spike Lee share one thing in common and that is a love of basketball. We both love watching the New York Knicks. So I decided to take myself on a mini trip of my own to 180 Washington Park where Spike used to reside. It is quite the home, it has many floors and the inside is quite magnificent. One of the reasons I am so fond of it is because of who previously owned it. Spike Lee is a mogul in his neighborhood and iconic in the world of film. Just seeing that house would give someone goosebumps as you gazed and wondered “this is where greatness was in the works”.

Some of the places I noticed in the surrounding area was LIU campus not too far. I also discovered many places of worship like the French Speaking Bapist Church of Brooklyn, Institutional church of god in Christ and The church of Michael and St.Edward. You can infer from all these places that the people of the area practice many different religions and are serious about them too. On my back I also saw Prison ship Martyrs Monuement. That landmark signifies the 11,500 american prisoners who were captured by british ships and eventually were all killed. It’s said that even the remains of some captives lay at the base of this glorious tower. This really fasinated me and had me thinking about how important Brooklyn really is. It is a lively area full of culture at every corner of its streets. Spike Lee realized that and decided to strive off of them.