A walk in New York City

It was one of the day when I was sitting in my room and my dad walked up to me telling me that we were migrating from India to New York . I was pretty happy and excited about the decision made. Finally the day came on Sep 10, 2010 when i came to New York. I have a heard and seen a lot of things about New York. As soon as I come out of the airport I see beautiful cars, gigantic buildings and a complete different atmosphere which I can’t even express. It was quite astonishing at the beginning. As the car moved we got closer to the bridge where i could picture a magnificent view of Manhattan. Peeping out the windows at the beautiful stores, skyscrapers and the crowd walking that was all me. I just wanted to step out and have a walk but i could not because I did not have any idea of the city. Watching people walking in a rush gave me a feeling that life is busy in New York and the saying looks somewhat true that New York city never sleeps. At the same time it also inspired me that there is lot of opportunities if you are willing to do the hard work. Finally we reached home where i see cars parked in a manner, garbage which is arranged properly. All these things told me how well organized was New York city.

One thought on “A walk in New York City

1. What was your experience when you could finally get out to walk? We experience our surroundings differently when we’re walking in them rather than riding through them. Can you tell a story about walking?