Project #1:Introducing Myself

My name is Yin Yin Li, as you can see from my name, I am a Chinese immigrant. I recently graduated at High School Of Dual Language And Asian Studies on June, 2013. Right now, I am majoring in Accounting in New York City College of Technology. Many of friends study something they really like in their majors, and their future careers. And I choose Accounting major, because I like to manage the money,I believe a person who is well manage his or her money can manages his or her life well; and also this career does not need a public speaking. I am a shy person, and very bad at communication. Therefore, I do not have many friends outside the school. I kind of live in my own bubble, with my true friend who understand me.

The avatar in my profile is picture took two years ago, when my best friend and I, participated in the breast cancer walk. This picture represents the other side of me, which most of friends do not know. I am proud of volunteering in Downtown Hospital; because I can do something for my community, even though I am so tiny compare to the whole world. However, instead of putting the group picture, I love this one better, as I said: I live in my own bubble, with my best friend. Another reason I choose this picture because it shows I am special. From my facial expression, it can tell I am not the ordinary person, I do not like smile or say cheese, and sometime I do weird thing without any reason.

In my eyes, this avatar is special to me; however, I guess people who do not know me well will interpret this avatar differently. For example, people might think I like to hang out with friends a lot, or other outdoor activities, since I joined the Downtown Hospital Volunteer Department, I must done many interest things in the community. Even though I am volunteer, but that do not mean I like to hang out. Most of the time, I love to stay at home and read my manga online or watch the Japanese cartoon. I am a big fan of Japan. On my parents’ generation, people thought only good students wear glasses, but I can tell it is not true; I wear glasses, not because I spend lot of time on studying, but on reading manga. Therefore, do not think I am a good kid who works hard inside and outside school, I am not. In some way this avatar has some illusion that misleading people to somewhere else, but this avatar also is a mirror, reflecting other side of myself.

My profile will convey that I live in my own “bubble” and I also have many different personality; I am shy, quiet, weird and other mysterious things that only few people knew. Sometime I am a realist, for example, I study Accounting. I know I cannot be the actress or singer, because I have stage fright. However, sometime I can be dreamer, having wild thinking and day dream in my own “bubble”. This is matter to me because I do not want people know me about the skin deep, I want people come to my world and explore the real me. So come and dig more about me!