Project #1:Introducing Myself

Hello, My name is Christian Arpino. I have recently graduated from St. Edmund Preparatory High School in Brooklyn, NY. Coming to city tech is a very new experience for me. The high school I went to was very small. (No more than 600 kids) The school is a little intimidating to say the least. I have chosen to study Computer Systems Technology while I’m at city tech because I have been very interested in computers and software my entire life. I would consider myself an introverted person in the fact that I enjoy time to myself. Whether it be listening to music or playing video games. I have a very close knit group of friends from high school, but I hope to make more during my time at city tech.

The avatar in my profile is a picture of Saiga Tatsumi and he is the main character of Speed Grapher one of my favorite manga/animes. When I was growing up my uncle read a lot of manga and watched a lot of anime and one of the first manga books he gave me to read was Speed Grapher. I think this picture represents my love of Japanese animation in general. I mean there are more Anime series that I like but this picture represents to me at least my first exposure to the genre. Another reason I chose this picture is because I think it looks really cool in the fact that it really doesn’t say much at all. It makes someone wonder about who exactly this guy is.

How I think my avatar pic can be misinterpreted is that people see this person and they think maybe I’m doing something in animation or drawing. Another reason I think some one could misinterpret this picture is that maybe they think I am not an organized person. I mean in the picture his hair isn’t really kept that neat and he has a little goatee, it makes him look a little rough around the edges. I also think that my picture can be misinterpreted in the fact that I may be older because people might look at the man in my avatar pic and think that I am older.

I think my profile would convey that I’m a interesting person at the very least. I mean I think I like a lot of things that not a lot of people like and maybe find a little weird, and I think my profile conveys that message. I also think that my profile conveys that I’m a college freshman just trying to find his way through everything. My profile conveys me as a person in the fact that it includes everything that I like and enjoy. My profile also conveys my personality because there is not a lot said in it and that’s usually how I am in general in the fact that I don’t really talk that much and like to keep to myself. I think all of this matters because maybe this profile could influence the way people think of me as a person.