Project 1: Introducing Yourself

My name is Jonathan Mesias, a recent graduate from Hillcrest High school, and a Freshman presently attending New York City College of Technology. I’m the first in my Family to make it into college, and I’m excited to face the challenges that will come to me. I’m presently majoring in Computer engineering. Most of my life I’ve been a quiet boy,  I know I can be a lot of fun but I just don’t speak up. I play most Sports but mainly Soccer, I also enjoying playing the Saxophone, its something that takes my stress away, and when I want to be alone, I Play my Stress Away. Coming into College I see you cant succeed without letting yourself go and stop being so shy.

My avatar or my picture I posted up can say a lot about me. Its interesting how a picture can portray so much, its just depends the way you look at it and describe it. This picture represents me as I describe myself, and there’s little details that show it . For starters it has a instrument in it which is a Alto Saxophone, this instrument grew up with my since I was 12, my Father started showing me how to read music and how to hold a saxophone, basically the basic, after that I started  learning on my own and I’ve been doing okay. Another detail is the music notes and those lines, I read music as I was saying before and now most of the time I write a lot of music , most of it is songs that are sang by people and I turn them into notes.

As I explained before :” Its interesting how a picture can portray so much, its just depends the way you look at it and describe it.”  My avatar can be interpreted differently, some examples are that if a person see’s this picture they can say: Oh he likes listening to a lot of Jazz!  And in reality I don’t listen to it at all. Another thing that my picture can display is quietness and a lonely feeling, maybe people can think I’m always very quiet and very depressed, but actually I’m a very outgoing person, Most of my friends I grew up with haven’t seen me get really upset. That’s because I’m always trying to find the bright side to things and try to get along with everyone. Another things people may think is that I like to edit pictures and put in stuff and make a lot of effects with them. But actually I don’t do any of that , I barely take any pictures of myself.

What my profile might convey or display is not much, I really don’t know how to explain myself, I try to display as much as I can about me but sometimes I notice I haven’t wrote nor explain much about me. What it does display is my Major which is Computer engineering. It also shows my interest in Music and in the Saxophone. But one thing I’m noticing that it shows a lot, is that I’m a very closed in person, that I don’t share much with others, and its something I have to change in my profile as well in my own person.