Project # 1- Introduction

My name is Guan Chen. I was born in China on July 6th 1995 and I immigrated to the United States of America on July 4th 2000. I attended P.S. 200, I.S. 281, and I graduated Brooklyn Technical High School in June 2013. Even since I immigrated to America, I’ve always lived in Brooklyn, more specifically, Bensonhurst. Growing up, I’ve always loved electronics. When I got my first computer, I was always on it. I rarely ever went outside. I was on the computer after school  every day  until I went to sleep and this was basically my everyday routine. Computer and games have been a huge part of my life since I was a kid. Now that I’m in college, I hope to get a business degree and get a job in a corporate company after I graduate.

The avatar I chose to use is that of a boy in a shark hoodie. The boy in my avatar is smiling and holding a cupcake. This avatar in many ways represents me. A hoodie, is my favorite piece of clothing. One of my greatest passions has always been poker. On a poker table, the players that are better than the other players and consistently takes other players money is known as a shark. I hope to one day be a shark at a poker table, winning and taking the money of those weaker players known as a fish. Another interpretation of the shark boy in my avatar is sharks in the business world. A shark in the business world means someone who is tackling every opportunity to make money and always ruthlessly destroying their competition to make the most money possible. I hope to one day become a shark in the business world with a career in finance along with being a shark on the poker table. The smile on my avatar shows that I’m generally a happy person. My main goal in life is just to be happy and if I am happy, then I know I am on the right path in life.

My avatar is a pretty cute one. The drawing looks like something out of a cartoon. This may confuse a person looking at my avatar to think that this may have come from a cartoon. I didn’t choose this avatar because of a cartoon. The avatar is wearing a shark hoodie which can lead someone to believe I like marine life. I’m personally not very fond of aquatic animals. One can interpret from this avatar that I’m a very shy person because my avatar is blushing. I’m actually not that shy and I normally wouldn’t blush.

My profile will display me as a person. If I become anything like my avatar I will be happy whether i’d be a shark in the business world or a shark on the poker table taking people’s money. My profile will also show the projects and courses I’m enrolled in. It’ll also display the people I’ve befriended. This is important because it’ll be like a record sheet for me. It’ll show what I’ve done from the beginning to the end and display my accomplishments when I complete a course or a project for myself and others to see.