Grammarly Review

Grammarly is an app that I never knew existed before this semester, and boy am I glad I own it now. Whenever I would write an essay or just typing something in general, whether it’s on the phone or a computer, that red line is usually under that typo. Although that was helpful, it’s nothing compared to what Grammarly can do.

Grammarly is capable of identifying:

• Confused words
  • Overuse of the passive voice
  • Wordy sentences
  • Repetitive words
  • Common writing mistakes like misplaced apostrophes
  • Spelling errors

A couple good things I found using Grammarly is that it’s free, once it’s downloaded, it stays on and you don’t ever have to open it again. Plus it can quickly show you any grammar errors made within anything you are writing.

A couple things that are on the bad side, is that Grammarly won’t do certain things. Only if you decide to pay the monthly premium price, Grammarly will not do the following. Vocabulary enhancement suggestions. “Advanced” checks for punctuation, grammar, context, and sentence format. Writing style checks for a specific genre. As well as detecting plagiarism.

Overall, I really enjoy using Grammarly. I honestly don’t see how anyone, no matter what their profession is, can NOT have this installed in their phone or computer. It really helps you alot, and it is very useful.