I am thrilled to share the first chapter of my internship journey. As I dive headfirst into the world of professional experience, I want to take you along for the ride through this blog series.

Let’s rewind to the moment when I received that long-awaited call confirming my acceptance into the internship program. To say I was elated would be an understatement. Finally, I had the opportunity to put my passion and skills to the test in a real-world setting. The prospect of gaining hands-on experience in the fields I’m truly passionate about sent my excitement levels through the roof!

This internship promises to be an incredible learning experience. It’s a multifaceted role that encompasses a variety of aspects, and I’m already brimming with anticipation to dive into them. Here’s a sneak peek at some of the exciting skills and tasks that await me:

1. Promotions and Campaigns: Crafting compelling campaigns to engage and inspire the student body.
  2. Student Outreach: Connecting with students, understanding their needs, and being a valuable resource for them.
  3. OpenLab Member Support: Assisting and guiding members through their OpenLab journey.
  4. UX/UI Design: Exploring the intricate world of user experience and user interface design.
  5. Information Architecture: Unraveling complex information and organizing it into a coherent structure.
  6. WordPress Testing: Ensuring that our digital presence is seamless and user-friendly.
  7. Copywriting: Crafting persuasive and informative content.
  8. Tutorial Creation: Developing resources to empower users.

One of the first milestones on this journey was our kick-off meeting on September 22nd. In this initial gathering, we were briefed on the internship’s goals and expectations.

Among the various aspects of this internship, what really ignites my passion is information architecture and UX/UI design. My strengths have always leaned towards researching, organizing, and making sense of complex information, and I find immense joy in communicating these insights to my peers. It’s like solving a puzzle, and I relish every moment of it.

For our first task, we’ve been assigned the engaging task of conducting a comparative analysis. Our mission is to delve deep into research and present our findings in our upcoming meeting. To bolster my research efforts, I’ve taken the initiative to conduct a survey. I’ve shared this survey with the COMD department’s Instagram, aiming to collect valuable feedback from our alumni and current City Tech students. After all, who better to provide insight on resources available to them?

As I delve into my research, I’m uncovering fascinating insights about portfolio platforms. I can’t wait to share my discoveries and ideas with my colleagues during our next meeting. The journey has just begun, and I’m excited to see where it leads.