It’s time for another exciting update on my internship journey, and boy, do I have some thrilling developments to share with you.

In our recent meeting, my fellow interns and I gathered to discuss the findings from our comparative research project. The anticipation was palpable as we delved into our respective areas of exploration. For me, this meant diving headfirst into the world of information architecture and user experience design.

Comparative Research Unveiled:

I was tasked with conducting a comparative analysis. My goal was to find insights that could potentially reshape our approach to user experience on OpenLab.

During the meeting, I had the privilege of presenting my findings to my colleagues. The discussions that followed were enlightening, filled with fresh perspectives and ideas.

One highlight of my research journey was the survey I conducted among our very own COMD department’s Instagram followers and City Tech students. Their feedback provided invaluable insights into the user experience, as they are the primary beneficiaries of the resources we provide. Their input was important. 

Student Outreach:

We discussed the topic of student outreach and connecting with students, understanding their needs, and serving as a resource to enhance their experience at City Tech is a mission we agree on.

For our upcoming project, I am excited to share that I will be taking the reins on replicating a portfolio template using the Hamilton theme on OpenLab. This task presents an intriguing challenge – I will gauge how easy or difficult it is to recreate this template, aiming to provide a seamless experience for our users.

The Hamilton Theme Challenge:

Creating a user-friendly portfolio template was difficult for me. The Hamilton theme, known for its elegance and sophistication, will be my template and assessing its user-friendliness and information architecture. 

My mission is clear: to replicate this template, ensuring that it aligns with the unique needs of our OpenLab users. Along the way, I’ll document my experiences and challenges.

Each task brings fresh insights, new challenges, and opportunities for growth. I’m excited to see how this project unfolds.

Thank you for joining me on this through the world of internships and professional development.