Capturing moments of Grief

We are living in a time where social media connects us instantly and inexpensively throughout the world, however it makes it challenging to maintain our privacy. Photography has gone further than just science, art, or capturing a moment, but it has become a way of communication, a way to prove and show the world the truth. Photography is necessary, specially in these days, because when we see a photo we tend to believe that what is being told is true because there is proof. The tragedy in Newtown, Conn, was extremely sad and the fact that a lot of photographers were taking photos of Aline Marie praying outside of St. Rose of Lima church; it’s kind of disrespectful because I know it is their job to bring proof of the event but can’t they put themselves on Marie’s shoes? Did pass through their minds the extreme suffering and grief Marie was going through? I feel like Marie felt like she has no freedom by being attack by lots of flashes on her. The photo is very meaningful and powerful indeed, however I think photographers should be more thoughtful and considerate in these kind of situations and do not overwhelm a person in that way, to the point where she felt like an animal in a zoo.