The Greatest War Photograph and Robert Capa

I do find Robert Whelan’s argument convincing. He went in-depth with hisĀ researchĀ and left no room for anyone to question. The fact that he even went as far as to identify the fallenĀ soldier makes it moreĀ believable. Whelan also explained other critics reasons for believing that the photograph was fake and give reasons to why their perspectives were wrong. He did this by giving proof. Whelan also showed more photographs which backed up his reasons for stating that the photograph was not staged.

I do not believe that Robert Capa’s photograph was not staged. I believe he was at the wrong place at the right time and capturing a breath taking picture that showed a moment of death. I also do not believe thatĀ authenticityĀ of the photograph matters. It displays the dangers that many soldiers change while fighting for their homeland. Even if the photograph was staged i am sure there are soldiers that sadly experienced thatĀ horrible death the same way the soldier in the photograph did. It does not matter whether it is real or not it shows whats going on while soldiers are away at war and that is all that matter. If he did stage it that was a very creative way of staging a photograph.