A Glimpse Inside Gaza-War Photography Today

When I saw Hickā€™s photographs, the first thing I thought of was ā€œHow the Other Half Livesā€. Hickā€™s photographs expose us to the reality of what happens to countries much like Gaza City that is constantly at war. He shows us what happens to the people who are affected by this; their everyday life and how it is nothing like ours. As you can see in the photographs, every day they are scared for their lives. They live their lives in fear of what could happen to them the very next day. I think Hickā€™s photographs speak for themselves. His pictures are very powerful and they create a very strong emotional impact on the audience. There is not enough awareness that occurs to situations such as those that happens in Gaza City. Many of us take things for granted and while we are complaining about first world problems such as public transportation, there are people out there who are less fortune than us.

I definitely felt the heart break as I was looking through the photographs. With photographs like Hickā€™s that documents wars, we get a glimpse of what happens to countries that may be overlooked at or not spoken enough about. We are exposed to more knowledge of the harsh living conditions that some of these people have to live through. These photographs make me feel grateful for the life I have and before I complain about it, I should think twice. Even if Iā€™m at my lowest, there is someone out there who may have it much worse than I do.