Discussion Topic: Old Processes, New Advertising Response

The wet plate collodion is a processes that we never got to experience first handed, I think that one of the reasons why photographers are starting to turn to it.  It gives the photographer the feeling that they are in an actual darkroom.  I think after the rise of digital photography, analog photography isn’t as common as it was before.  So photographers turn to a new technique to produce photograph that they have not experienced before, and that would be the wet-plate collodion.  As a photographer who has experienced analog and digital processes, I would certainly be curious about the wet-plate process.  In the article Corey Keller said “Look at Hipstamatic or Instagram… by just laying over a filter.”  Instagram provides us with filters to use on our photos we took a vintage look to them, this could be one of the reasons photographers. I have not have not heard of the wet-plate process before and it catches my interest to give it a try.  It makes me appreciate how photographers in the nineteenth century and how it is more difficult to produce a photograph back than compared to how we can easily produce a photograph now.