My NY

When I first arrived to NYC ,it was during my summer vacation, when I came to visit my family. The first place I went to Time Square. I was amazed by the skyscrapers, the lights, and the rhythm of the place along with the amount of people walking there at the middle of the night. Also, in Times Square there are many irregular building made out of glass, with a lot of lights coming from them. As I was visiting many well known landmarks such as, The Statue of Liberty, The Wall Street’s Bull ,and The Empire State Building, I couldn’t believe how many cultures there are in one place. As I went to museums, I learned about the history of the city, its customs, and way of life. Also at the museums I learned about the way that New York is so much different from other virtual countries/states/cities.

In addition , the combination of green parks, lakes, and carriage horses, by the side of huge buildings seem to me so special, that I didn’t want to go back home and imagined myself living the NYC life.

Today after living in New York for 4 years and exploring the city from different aspects and points of view, the city seems to me too dirty and loud, and the air is not clean. After visiting upstate, and enjoying the fresh air, the green environment and calm atmosphere, going back to the city changed my whole experience and my opinion on the life style of the and loud city.

However , although I usually stay away from the city , I enjoy being part of the beauty and cultural diversity in the city. I find that those aspects are the ones that make New York City known for and so special.