Continue to work on your project and have the following complete at the start of class.
- Grids & Levels (from prior assignment)
- Add shaft openings for elevators, stairs and mechanical shafts
- Add stairs to the drawing
- Begin to create walls. – for each wall you must know the wall type and you must have this drawn on your partition sheet. So far you will need at least three walls as follows (shaft wall – 2 hr rated) (corridor wall- 1 hr rated) (demising or standard wall with 1 layer 5/8″ GWB each side of metal stud frame – unrated)
- During next class we will work on creating our own wall types and we will begin to add structural columns. After this we will work down to create the foundation walls and footings.