Community Involvement

CANA Board Members at our annual fundraising Gala (find ME at back row, center!)

The Chinese American Nurses Association (CANA) is a non-profit organization for nursing professionals in the United States. Established in New York City in 1997, CANA strives to unite all Chinese American nurses in the United States.

As a professional organization, we are aiming to uphold the image of Chinese American Nurses as a professional group, improve the quality of health care, facilitate community health services, and advocate the welfare of the Chinese American Nurses and the population they served.

Mission

The mission of the CANA is to establish an organization to recognize professional Chinese American nurses, and carry out activities on their behalf. In collaboration with other health care organizations, its goal is to promote quality health care services to the community.

I have the privilege of serving the public in promoting community health, providing community education on many health topics, and learning from my fellow peers in nursing. I am extreme active on the Activities committee and also serve as the primary website manager for CANA. Please visit us at cana-usa.org!

Research Poster Board

As an organization we submitted a poster board to be shared during NYSNA’s 2018 Annual Convention. We performed a literature review of the latest research into providing recommendations for working with Limited-English Proficient speakers in the United States.