About Me

Hey!

My name is Anath-El Jean-Pierre. I was born and raised in a Franco-Haitian household in Brooklyn. As I got older, I’ve come to accept that art (of all types) is always finding ways to hook me from just being surrounded by it. My hobbies include playing sports, design, and playing piano. My art inspirations vary all the time, but Jean-Michel Basquiat is someone who I can always look up to. His perspective of art is fascinating. He also was born and raised in a Haitian household in Brooklyn. An art brand that I truly admire is Mue Studio, based in New York City. They use 3D design and image production to promote peace and serenity.

I am a Communication Design undergraduate at City Tech. I was previously into Computer Science, but overtime, it did not fulfill my satisfaction. Then, I found ComD and I’ve loved it ever since. My main interests are UX Design, UI Design, and advertising. Being a part of this major has been a great experience so far. I’ve gained understanding of many concepts of design this past semester alone, including typography and illustration. As previously stated, art and design surrounds my life and I am grateful for continuing to find interest in it. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for me.