About Andrea

My name is Andrea Ibarra. I am a student at New York City College of Technology pursuing my bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management. My goal is to work for the Travel and Tourism industry at a major airline. Before coming to City Tech, I went to St John’s University to get a degree in Accounting. Because of financial problems, I had to find a more economic school, and that is when I found about the Hospitality program at City Tech. Hospitality is needed and wanted in every business operation, it is also a very competitive career however we have the advantage of getting an education in it. From culinary classes to hospitality accounting classes, we are learning every aspect of the hospitality industry.

I had the privilege to do the Disney College Program at Walt Disney World in Orlando. It was an amazing learning experience. Disney is a prestigious company, very well known for the excellent guest service. I gained skills and knowledge during my time in Orlando that will be useful to me in the future. Skills and experience that will shape my starting career in the hospitality industry.