Do It Yourself Studio

was seriously considering just purchasing a photo studio like most of our classmates, but wheres the fun in that? I decided to follow the guides from the links provided in our handouts. We’re design student after all, cutting away at foam board and what not. How hard could making a photo studio be.

The answer: not too bad. I could have pasted together some foam board, but having easy access to ample cardboard boxes, i ended up using that. Using drafting paper I covered the empty slots like like shown in resource we were given. Natural lighting came in handy for some photo shoots and definitely provided great lighting if you happened to be in the perfect place and angle not to give off any shadows on the subject.

Although they’re not shown in the photo, i did have one industrial style light similar to those used in construction that comes with a clamp as well as a spotlight attached to a larger lamp. When it came to making different height stands, i didn’t. I improvised using miscellaneous objects around the house so the light could clamp onto, like for example a chair or a cabinet door. Overall I think it was successful and fun to make!

IMG_3944I

This entry was posted in HW4_DIY Studio. Bookmark the permalink.