Yishi’s Cover letter

http://designjobs.aiga.org/jobs/62170/Design-Intern#type=2

Hiring Manager 

Adoptive

03 March 2015

Dear hiring manager

I would like to apply for the position of Design Intern of your company as I saw in the AIGA.com. I have my resume and Portfolio in attached with the application. I am currently on my senior year of my School at New York City college of Technology, Study in BA in Graphic Communication Design. I did looking through the job description, I willing to apply the neither part-time or full-time position, I’m available working for the company for four days.If I ever got in to this job, this will be my first Internship, I think I qualify the requirements, I have experiences working in past pace company and I used to the environment and even more this is design related, I will be more passionate, motivated and enthusiastic into creating new ideas. I want to learn from professionals in the field of design, and gain more and more experience in the design world. Thank you for taking the time to read my application. I look forward to attending an interview at a time convenient to you.

Sincerely,

Yishi Wang 

1 thought on “Yishi’s Cover letter

1. Amelia.A

Dear Yishi,

For your application you’ll need to be more specific. Whatever skills the hiring manager is looking for, please emphasize that you have experience using these softwares in creating your designs. Give brief examples using technical terminology that you’ve learned in your design classes. Also, it would be enlightening if you gave an example of a time where you came up with a brilliant idea and were able to execute it.

You do mention that you can carry out responsibilities similar to the Internships requirements.

Responsibilities
    – Support and collaborate with the design team
    – Execute original designs based on supporting strategy
    – Work with existing creative and deliver supporting designs
    – Conduct research and other related project tasks
    – Participate in team brainstorms and reviews

There are some grammar mistakes that need correcting. I re-wrote it for you.

Dear hiring manager

I would like to apply for the position of Design Intern of your company as I saw in the AIGA.com. I have my resume and Portfolio attached with the application. I am currently on my senior year at the New York City College of Technology. Study in BA in Graphic Communication Design. I have looked through the job description, I am willing to apply for a part-time or full-time position. I am available four days a week. This will be my first internship. I believe that I qualify for this internship because I have experience working in a fast paced environment. I am very passionate and motivated with creating fresh ideas. I want to learn from professionals in the field of design, and gain more and more experience in the creative world. Thank you for taking the time to read my application. I look forward to attending an interview at a time convenient for you.

Sincerely,

Yishi Wang