cover letter

telecommunication  job

Dear Human Resources:

I found a job opportunity on your website for an entry level telecom technician, in which I’ll be able to apply the knowledge I have acquired in my education to help your company and provide good customer service. I can see that this position involves troubleshooting, repairing, installing, and maintaining the different equipment within your network. This would be an excellent opportunity for me to help your company with the experience I have gained through internships in the field of telecommunications.

I am currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications Engineering Technology at New York City College of Technology. While working on this degree, I have to perform laboratory experiments that involve different technologies that your company uses. For example, I took a networking class where it was required to communicate remotely with others computers and devices, just as your company does to service its clients. Similarly, in this class, I also learned how to find the shortest path among several communication links, which helps to reduce costs and to increase speed of operations of a company. On the other hand, while working on my associate’s degree in Telecommunication Technology at Queensborough Community College I gained valuable experience designing and troubleshooting different devices.

My experience as a service technician (respiratory equipment technician) in a medical company should help me to meet the requirements of your company. While I at Queensborough Community College, I was working full time in a respiratory department at private company. My role was to make sure to the pap’s (cpap, bipaps, sv, etc) modem wireless were set up properly to receive the right information at the right time and fix any problem that occurred through the month. I also help to gather information from downloads referents to oxygen saturation and heart rate and then send the information remotely to Third Party Company or doctors at hospitals.  I have experience working with different medical equipment from custom power chair to ventilators supports, which I can service it and fix it.

I would be happy to discuss my qualifications in an interview at your convenience. Call me any weekday at 347-248-3585, or email me at nestor.lam@mail.citytech.cuny.edu if you have any concerns. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Nestor. Lam

1 thought on “cover letter

1. Juan Carlos Torres

This cover letter is too general. I think that you have to include a specify company whit their representative person, a clear position to apply. Otherwise your skills are good developed