Instructions

1. Select a song from a musical artist that you follow. Use this song for inspiration to design a record cover EP (single of the song).
  2. The record cover design must include Front/Back Cover, Inside Left, Inside Right, Vinyl and an optional Center Label.

ONE OK ROCK

The song “Renegades” by ONE OK ROCK displays a rebellious spirit in both its lyrics and musical arrangement. The core of the song is an expression of defiance against conformity, challenging listeners to reject social norms and expectations. To be yourself, don’t anyone tell you, you can’t do something. Follow your heart.

Sketches – Front & Inside Cover

I decided to go with a rebellious mindset, and what came to mind was a stop sign. You know how stop signs require you to stop? Of course its for safety of you and the person driving, but it sounds like a command. What if you don’t to stop? or finally do what you want without being told to.

So I put GO or rather, someone rebellious taped the message GO onto the Stop Sign. Thus removing the idea of the sign all together but GO and move forward.

(Follow all Street Laws Please) This is just a design.

MoodBoard

1st Draft

A basic copy of my sketch. I added some more elements like the genre of the song being rock, so I added rough lining on the whole design. As well as the sky being like a common fight of colors that show blue being good and red being evil. And so they are pushing against each other. I also changed up the GO message to a more rougher GO! like someone was in a hurry. (Maybe their way to freedom because the STOP is gone?)

Final Front + Inside Cover

After some tweaks, I make the Cover seem more fitting with a ray of light being like a guide to a new you rather then some colors overlapping. More rougher spreads of paint splatter on the skip, almost the sense of corruption.

The inside was meant to represent good and bad like the draft front cover of blue and red. Showing something more like a YinYang concept, but with the band’s logo and quote placed on them. Black side of the city is the corruption and the White side is the city free of corruption.

Final IRL Mockups

We were meant to put these onto an mockup album piece, these are how they turned out. For the back of the cover, I decided on a very rusted looking background just to put one finally idea of the type of genre this music will be about.