Networking Event: Pratt Institute Digital Media Series

At Pratt institute, the Department of Digital Arts Lecture Series is a seasonal series organized by the Department of Digital Arts. The series features critics, artists, and curators of digital art. The guests include both emerging talent and established pioneers in the fields of digital animation, motion arts, interactive artwork, and digital imaging.

At the series I attended on February 20, an artist named Will Rahilly hosted. He displayed  work he’s done based on animation, videography and sounds. He broke down his creative process on how he goes about things. For him, he does a lot of spontaneous ideas, concepts or commissioned. For example, he had a cake for a photoshoot and it sat in his fridge for weeks and he decided to use it for recreational purposes. He demonstrated how he was able to record sounds at any place and time to put it to use in videos. For example, he voice recorded a broken printer and found a concept/animation that he could add it to. He focused mostly on how we can create our own sounds instead of finding audio online. I was inspired by a lot of his concepts because it was beyond creative. Also, because I am learning motion graphics and it gave me ideas toward transitions and sounds

Check out his website: willrahilly.com/ to get a better visual and view of portfolio.