Creative Application: Adobe Premiere

The next creative application I had used at Franklin Furnace was Adobe Premiere. I had used about five creative applications which was Adobe InDesign, Adobe Premiere, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and their DataBase (maybe that one is not so creative, but was a first time experience). Now yet again you’d think I would know this one as well but ironically I had to entered a course at City Tech on video producing and I had no experience. It gave me an opportunity to learn outside of the class room and get a head start from my classmates on the basics of the software since it was a beginners class. My second supervisor, Jenny, actually had a step-by-step instructions on how to use the software: from the pre-sets, to in-and-out, to fixing any audio issues, and especially, she stressed, exporting. These videos were very old and I had to edit them where any static or color bars were removed, and any unnecessary audio like a long beep or loud static was also removed. This was a team effort made with another intern who also went to City Tech, Annabelle, since we both came in on different days and only one computer in the office at premiere along with the hard drive that had all these archived video. We had to add the title of the artist and year of the performance as the introduction and add the FF logo. The instructions told us how long the introduction should be, the exact transition to use (dissolve to black) and when the logo should come in. For the introduction, it was a template made on Adobe Photoshop which was had to edit for each videos title, artist ad year to then be exported into Adobe Premiere. When then add the transfer data into an Microsoft Excel sheet to keep track of who edited which video and if it had been uploaded to Vimeo. There was also specific instructions for adding a title, privacy setting, and audio caption to it. We had to edit and upload these videos as apart of one of our grants needed to fund this non-profit organization.

I have attached a link to one of the video that required editing and to see more just search Franklin Furnace on Vimeo.com (https://vimeo.com/franklinfurnace) 

(yeah, I know…pretty old footage)

(screenshot of the Photoshop template)