5 Shot Film

For this project our professor wanted us to record 5 scenes but use different shots for each scene. We also had to decide what the short film would be about, so we decided it would be a sad story about a breakup. We used a close-up, medium shot, over-the-shoulder, overhead shot, and extreme close-up. After filming the scenes our group had to edit the film individually. I had lots of experience using Premiere Pro. I first added a sad song in the background and made sure the song wasn’t too loud. Then I added black bars at the top and bottom of the video to make it look more cinematic. Finally, I added color balance so then I could reduce the saturation to -100 to give the film a black-white look.

Key Framing

For this project our professor wanted us to learn keyframing so he gave us lots of pictures of New York City and bits of audio. What we had to was choose an audio and match pictures to what the audio was saying and when the pictures were switching we had to use key framing to keep the video interesting and fun to look at. I used a lot of sliding, zoom in and zoom out, opacity changing, and some swirls to make it look fun.