Case Study. Periodontally Involved Patient. Arestin Experience.

Mr. G is 38 years old Caucasian male with 5-7 mm generalized pocket depth, bleeding upon probing and heavy calculus deposits. FMX radiographs revealed generalized moderate alveolar bone loss. Mr. G. was an ideal candidate for Arestin minocycline therapy. After the completion of the treatment, I explained to Mr. G that he would need special therapy to improve the health of his gingival tissue. I was able to place Arestin into 6 sites. My patient was very grateful for the opportunity to get a very expensive and effective antibiotic therapy at no cost. I provided the patient with post-op instructions and asked him questions about the post-op oral hygiene regime after the therapy. My patient’s gingival tissue responded well to treatment. The re-evaluation of the treated sites after 5 weeks revealed a generalized decrease in probing depth by 1 mm. #31 ML had a reduction in 2 mm. Gingival tissue appeared lighter and firmer. Also, the patient reported that his “gums stopped bleeding during brushing”. I am very satisfied with Arestin results in this case, and thankful for the antibiotic therapy practice that was generously provided by New York College of Technology, Dental Hygiene department.

Before Arestin Therapy Probing Depth

After Arestin Therapy Probing Depth