Introduction

My name is Ashley and my pronouns are her/she. I was born and raised in the best borough ever Brooklyn and still live here. My family is from Aruba and Grenada and I am very proud of my heritage, My major is Health Administration and my interests would be to work in the homeless and drug rehabilitation community. Believe it or not my favorite movie is The Color Purple directed by Steven Spielberg in 1985. I spent a lot of time with my grandmother growing up and often times watched movies with her, she had a love for movies from that era and that love has then passed down to me. My other interests are reading, traveling, trying new restaurants, doing different activities and spending time with my loved ones. Attached is a picture from my nose recent trip to PR. I am looking forward to the next few weeks in this class.

1. Caroline Chamberlin Hellman

Hi Ashley,
    A warm welcome to you. Thanks for this spirited introduction– even in this brief presentation there is a wonderful spirit of appreciating many important threads in the quilt of your life, and the desire to help others. Inspiring. I myself appreciate how you drew a connection between your grandmother and the heritage of film. Films are works of art, but they often hold connotations beyond the screen.
    Happy to be working with you.