Annotated Bibliography Guidelines
The purpose of an annotated bibliography is to organize and analyze the research you have conducted with the goal of gaining a better understanding of the topic you plan to explore in your podcast. Since this is a group assignment, the annotated bibliography will also serve as a vehicle for you to share your research findings with your group members.
Use this Annotated Bibliography Template to format your bibliography and pay attention to the additional formatting guidelines below.
Step 1: Each group member should select 2 sources for inclusion in your collective bibliography.
- 1 internet or newspaper source
- 1 archival or academic source
Step 2: Create a citation for each source, formatted using APA Style.
Step 3: Underneath each citation, write an annotation of 100 words for the source.
In your annotation, please briefly summarize the main idea of each source and provide a brief analysis of how the source relates to your podcast topic and to other sources in your bibliography.
Step 3: Save your group bibliography as a PDF and upload to OpenLab with your finished podcast.
Annotated Bibliography Format:
- Use the template!
- Submit your group annotated bibliography as a single, integrated document
- List sources in alphabetical order
- Write in formal academic style (avoid first person “I” statements)
- Avoid excessive quotations; instead summarize ideas in your own words
EasyBib (Use version through City Tech Library website for APA)