Warm Up Post

hello, my name is Simmone Jeremiah. i was born on an caribbean island called Grenada, there i went to school until the six grade.I came to  the united states at the age at 11 or 12. At the time i lived in queens NY but not before i finished high school i moved to Brooklyn. i work part-time at a CVS pharmacy in Manhattan trying to balance both school and work. in my spare time i love to read romance novels and i also enjoy writing,but only when is my own thoughts,i believe that called free writing. My goal in life is to become an ophthalmologist and some day be able to open my own optical store.

“I think, however, that the people who do most to promote a static and
unexamined approach to teaching writing are those who define writing
courses as service courses and skills courses; that group probably includes
most administrators and teachers of writing. Such a view, which denies that
writing requires intellectual activity and ignores the importance of writing as
a basic method of learning, takes away any incentive for the writing teacher to grow professionally.”  In the section of the passage i believe that Hairston is trying to say that that those who have an unexplained approach to teaching writing does not know the true meaning of writing he states that,that denies the basic method of learning and this does not allow you to grow. I agree with this section of the passage because me being someone that enjoy writing i think it is a basic method of learning but when u take it farther  its also a service courses and skills courses.